Region III encourages all our members to get involved by volunteering.
What is your return for investing your time in volunteering?
Through volunteering, you will not only support the organization, but you will also have the potential to help shape the future of NCURA in Region III, develop leadership skills, build connections, add to your professional contacts, and expand your network. The experience will build your skills and increase your professional capital. You will be in a position to share your expertise. Volunteers are recognized and earn a sense of personal accomplishment. Begin volunteering at a regional meeting, which is always a great way to get started and will help move you into serving on a committee or even a leadership role.
Through volunteering, you will also:
- Meet other flamingos
- Create lasting friendships
- Become more familiar with regional activities
- Understand how our region operates
- Represent your institution and showcase its commitment to professional development and best practices in research administration
- …and have fun in the process!