The NCURA Region III Honors and Awards Committee announces that the Region III Travel Award Application is now open. Travel awards are intended to support those new to research administration and NCURA, or those shifting into new roles within research administration who, without the award, may not have the support to attend the meeting.
Applications are due no later than Friday, February 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM eastern (4:00 PM central time).
NCURA Region III will issue two $1,000 travel awards for the Region III Spring 2018 meeting. Funds will be made available to the awardees’ institutions to defray the cost of attendance. Applications can be submitted on behalf of another member or for oneself.
- Complete the application form below.
- Upload a one-page letter of support from your supervisor citing reasons for your recommendation and how you attending an NCURA meeting will benefit your institution
- Submit your application
- Justification of need
- Including whether you have attended any national or regional meetings
- Description of short and long-term professional goals
- Explanation of how attending an NCURA meeting will contribute to attaining your goals
- Volunteer contributions to NCURA (past, current or future plans)
- Anticipated benefits for your institution
Applications will be collected and reviewed by the committee. Award recipients will be notified by February 23, 2018. Awardees will be asked to provide volunteer service while in attendance at the meeting.
If you have questions about any of the Region III awards, please contact the Honors and Awards Committee Coordinator: Hagan Walker, email@example.com