The Distinguished Service Award is presented to an individual who has more than ten years of volunteer experience with Region III and has made outstanding contributions to the field of Research Administration.
The award recipient will receive a commemorative plaque and a $250 honorarium in addition to being publicly recognized at the spring meeting as a Region III member who has made and sustained distinctive contributions to both the region and our profession.
The nomination period is now closed.
Distinguished Service nominees should have:
- Served ten (10) or more years as a member of Region III
- Current NCURA membership in good standing
- Made exemplary contributions to Region III
Current Region III Officers (elected and appointed positions) are not eligible for nomination for this award.
Nominations must include the information listed below and be submitted by NCURA members with personal knowledge of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination form will be made available during the active nomination period
- Provide one (1) letter of support that addresses how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the eligibility criteria, citing specific examples from personal experience.
- Letter of Support can be provided by Region III officers, committee coordinators, members, or the nominee’s supervisor/colleagues.
- After all nominations have been vetted by the Honors & Awards committee, the coordinator will reach out to eligible nominees to provide their NCURA-focused resume, which should highlight NCURA Region III roles, accomplishments and other related activities.
If you have questions about any of the Region III awards, please contact the Honors and Awards Committee Coordinator.