The Distinguished Service Award is presented to an individual who has more than ten years of experience in research administration and has made outstanding contributions to the field, to NCURA, and to Region III.
The award recipient will receive a commemorative plaque and a $250 honorarium in addition to being publicly recognized at the spring meeting as a Region III member who has made and sustained distinctive contributions to both the region and our profession.
Nominations are due no later than March 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern (4:00 PM Central Time).
Distinguished Service nominees should have:
- Served ten (10) or more years as a member of Region III
- Current NCURA membership in good standing
- Made exemplary contributions to Region III
Current Region III Officers (elected and appointed positions) are not eligible for nomination for this award.
Nominations must include the information listed below and be submitted by NCURA members with personal knowledge of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination form will be made available during the active nomination period
- Provide one (1) letter of support that addresses how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the eligibility criteria, citing specific examples from personal experience.
- Letter of Support can be provided by Region III officers, committee coordinators, members, or the nominee’s supervisor/colleagues.
If you have questions about any of the Region III awards, please contact the Honors and Awards Committee Coordinator.