The NCURA Region III Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations for the Sandy Barber Volunteer Award. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated an exceptional and enthusiastic commitment to volunteerism to Region III.
Sandy Barber has personified the Region III volunteer spirit. Since joining NCURA in 2007, Sandy has consistently volunteered at regional and national meetings, managing the registration desk, assisting colleagues, and working to create a pleasant atmosphere and experience for all members. In addition, she has served as a volunteer coordinator, attendee experience coordinator, and program coordinator. Sandy has generously and enthusiastically volunteered in any capacity when needed or asked. In honor of her exemplary willingness to go above and beyond for the Region, the NCURA Region III Volunteer Award is named in her honor.
The award recipient will receive a commemorative plaque and a $50 gift card in addition to being publicly recognized at the Spring Meeting as a Region III member who is always one of the first to volunteer in any capacity, is consistently positive in interactions with Region III members, exemplifies a willingness to take on tasks (even at the last minute), and goes above and beyond in their behind-the-scenes service to Region III.
The nomination period is now closed.
Volunteer Award nominees must:
- Be a current NCURA member in good standing
- Have performed a minimum of five (5) acts of outstanding volunteerism and customer service (virtual or in-person)
- Have not served as a Region III Executive Committee Member
Nominations must be submitted with the information listed below by NCURA members with personal knowledge of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination form will be made available during the active nomination period.
- Provide at least one letter of support that addresses how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the eligibility criteria, citing specific examples from personal experience. Additional letters will be accepted and considered.