The NCURA Region III Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations for the Pam Whitlock Rising Star Award. This award is given to an individual who is in the early stages of their service to Region III, and has demonstrated willingness, enthusiasm, and dedication to the region.
Pam Whitlock is widely known for sharing her knowledge and expertise through mentoring and is a highly regarded friend and colleague who is always willing to go the extra mile to make a difference. In recognition of her dedicated service to NCURA, the NCURA Region III Rising Star Service Award is named in her honor.
The award recipient will receive a commemorative plaque and a $100 honorarium in addition to being publicly recognized at the Spring Meeting as a Region III member who has made and sustained distinctive contributions to NCURA Region III.
The nomination period is now closed.
Rising Star nominees should have:
- No more than seven years of progressive involvement as a Region III volunteer
- Current NCURA membership in good standing
Current Region III Officers (elected and appointed positions) are not eligible for nomination for this award.
Nominations must be submitted with the information listed below by NCURA members with personal knowledge of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination form will be made available during the active nomination period
- Provide one letter of support that addresses how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the eligibility criteria, citing specific examples of personal experience.
- Letter of Support can be provided by Region III officers, committee coordinators, members, or the nominee’s supervisor/colleagues.
- After all nominations have been vetted by the Honors & Awards committee, the coordinator will reach out to eligible nominees to provide their NCURA-focused resume, which should highlight NCURA Region III roles, accomplishments and other related activities.
If you have questions about any of the Region III awards, please contact the Honors and Awards Committee Coordinator.