Dear Region III Members,
This year, NCURA Region III is seeking nominations for the positions of:
- Region III Board Member
Please consider whether you or a colleague may wish to serve NCURA Region III in one of these roles.
If you would like to nominate a candidate, please e-mail their name and contact information to Andrea Moshier (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before May 15, 2020. Self-nominations are welcome and encouraged. Nominees will be contacted for biographical information and to confirm willingness to serve.
The Regional executive committee shall review and finalize a slate of candidates. Region III membership will be notified when electronic ballots are available.
The 2020 Nominations and Elections Committee:
Andrea Moshier, University of Melbourne
Tom Capitano, Georgia Institute of Technology
Ashley Pinkard, Arkansas State
- Serve as an executive officer of Region III.
- Work closely with the Chair to represent all members of the region at NCURA meetings, activities, and other functions as necessary.
- Assist the current Chair with regional matters.
- Assume the office of Regional Chair at the expiration of the Chair’s elected term of office or should the Chair otherwise become unable to serve.
- Shall serve as the Chair of the Program Committee to plan the Region III Spring Meeting.
- Appoint committee members to help in the planning process as needed.
Region III Board Member
- Serve as a non-voting executive officer of Region III.
- Assist the Chair and executive committee as required.
- Actively support the missions and goals of NCURA as a member of the NCURA Board of Directors.
- Along with the other members of the board, will control and direct the affairs of the Council and determine its policies.
This position requires:
- Attendance at Board meetings which occur not less than twice annually.
- Review of all minutes, reports, special studies, petitions, and other documents brought before or provided to the Board.
- Participation in special non-routine Board working groups as needed. Liaison with Board appointed Task Forces as assigned.
- Designing, deliberating and approving new policies and changes to existing policies as appropriate for the mission of the Council.
- Must have previously served as a Region III officer.
Time involved annually averages 2 hours per week, including about four days for attendance at Board Meetings.