NCURA Region III Meeting – 2019
Call for Proposals Now Open! DEADLINE EXTENDED through October 5th!
The Call for Proposals is now open for the NCURA Region III Spring Meeting taking place May 4-8, 2019, at the Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood, FL.
Meeting Theme: Collaboration: Creating Connections that Count.
Research Administrators are professional networkers, building on resource creativity and each other to accomplish the demanding responsibilities and innovations in our career field. As we collaborate with each other, we build collective intelligence in research administration. This collective intelligence builds the future of our profession. Region III members will see new tools to collaborate with each other leading up to the meeting, along with new networking opportunities at Margaritaville! So bring your experiences, ideas, and questions to Margaritaville and make Connections that Count!
Presenting at the Region III Spring Meeting provides an excellent opportunity to share your experiences and connect with fellow Research Administrators. If you would like to share your expertise or unique perspective on a topic, and are interested in presenting, do not miss your chance to submit a proposal! Topics of interest to first-time attendees or seasoned Research Administrators are encouraged. We strongly encourage advanced topics for this year’s meeting!
Note: If you are interested in presenting and have not presented at a professional meeting (NCURA, SRA, etc.) before, please click “First Time Presenters” in the application. We will be sure to assist with pairing you with a seasoned presenter for your presentation development and session at the meeting!
Click here to view the call and submit a proposal for a workshop, concurrent session, or discussion group.
Program Committee is chaired by the Region III Chair-Elect. This committee is responsible for planning and presenting the program for the regional Spring meeting.
Program Committee Chair – Emily Devereux, Arkansas State University
Program Committee Co-Chair – Danielle McElwain, University of South Carolina
Program Committee Track Chairs:
- Pre-Award- Hagan Walker, Clemson University
- Post-Award- Rob Roy, Georgia Tech; Laura Letbetter, Georgia State University
- Departmental- Rachel Simpson, Auburn University
- Senior- David Smelser, University of Tennessee
- Federal- Cindy Hope, University of Alabama
- PUI & Community Colleges- James Denney, Mississippi University for Women
- Compliance- Tanta Myles, University of Alabama
- Professional Development- Kathleen Halley-Octa, Georgia State University
- Operational Management- Lacey Rhea, University of Florida
- Workshops- Scott Niles, Georgia Tech